Webinar Date: October 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Cheryl Larson, president and CEO of Midwest Business Group on Health and GTMRx Employer Toolkit Taskforce member, discusses how comprehensive medication management (CMM) can strengthen employer health plans. Learn about how the current model of paying for low value medications no longer works and how employers, as health plan fiduciaries, can utilize innovative strategies such as CMM to provide high value care for plan participants while protecting plan assets. Understand how CCM helps employers to saves lives, improve employee productivity and enhance clinical outcomes.
At the close of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify top employer health plan priorities for 2020.
- Offer insight into employer opinions concerning the current system of medication use.
- Understand the CMM process and how it can provide value to employers in accomplishment of their health plan priorities
- Discuss the strategies progressive employers are using to optimize medication use.
- Identify ways in which CMM can contribute to the accomplishment of employer health plan strategies.
- strategies to battle waste while improving care,
- employers who are focusing on medication,
- moving beyond medication therapy management to comprehensive medication management,
- which patients benefit the most from CMM; and
- rethinking drug benefit design.