Pharmacogenomics Payment and Policy Taskforce
The overarching purpose of this workgroup is to explore strategies to accelerate delivery reform at the point of care which enable medication optimization. For the HIT & AI to Support Optimized Medication Use Workgroup, the guiding principle will be focused on ensuring that the— data standards, practice guidelines and supporting standards advance the comprehensive medication management framework and care team practice through advancements in HIT data standards and availability, HIT systems and practice that provide interoperability, advanced AI algorithms and care management systems that provide a single view of patient care that incorporates medical and pharmaceutical management consistent with comprehensive medication management.
A focused GTMRx task force will be assembled to explore the policy and payment barriers related to adoption of pharmacogenomics (PGx) testing to inform optimized medication use. While not working as a subgroup of the Payment and Policy Solutions Workgroup or the Precision Medicine Enablement via Advanced Diagnostics Workgroup, the task force will resource and inform leadership from those groups as supporting collaborators, when needed. The purpose of this task force is to:
- Work with multiple stakeholders to examine and outline existing barriers in the regulatory framework (such as FDA, CMS, etc.) to the widespread adoption of PGx testing and utilization in practice
- Work with stakeholders to examine and outline payment barriers to PGx testing
- The task force will take primary responsibility for development of GTMR guidelines/position statements /draft model legislation as deemed necessary to advance PGx testing and utilization in practice.
- Every other Tuesday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm EST
- 2020: 2/25, 4/14, 4/21,4/28, 5/12, 5/26, 6/9, 6/23