Did you miss the November Call for Member Feedback? Watch the recordings here.
Areas of Further Work
- Create a Value Framework: Identify evidence, promising payment frameworks, use case examples and tools for advocacy to promote the value of optimized medication use to consumers, providers, public & private sector payors
- Evaluate Barriers to Adoption of New Payment Models: Evaluate and establish a plan to overcome policy and payment barriers that currently exist in the market preventing a scalable, sustainable rational system to optimize medication use and gene therapies.
- Determine Key Policy Elements: Identify successful use cases (commercial, public, private) for use in advocacy and coalition building in support of and to advance the mission and vision of GTMRx. Specifically define characteristics and foundational elements that will inform a policy platform designed to overcome barriers to broad and sustainable adoption of team-based care activities designed to optimize the use of medication and gene therapies.
- Identify Payment Solutions: Identify payment structure solutions (and possible framework) necessary to overcome barriers to adoption of CMM and optimized use of medications and gene therapies.
- Design an approach to educate and engage policymakers about these solutions: Identify partners, develop tools, guidance and a dissemination plan (practice leaders, physicians/their agents, consultants, care teams and payors) to increase awareness, build demand for, and ensure adoption and use of a successful strategies and standardized implementation processes for CMM integration.
Payment Methodologies Subgroup:
- Amanda Brummel, Pharm.D., BCACP, Vice President, Clinical Pharmacy Services, Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Sarah Amering, Pharm.D., BCACP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Craig Beavers, Pharm.D., FACC, FAHA, FCCP, BCCP, BCPS (AQ-Cardiology), CACP, Cardiovascular Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, University of Kentucky Healthcare
- Amanda Bektas, Pharm.D., Pharmacist in Charge & Central Clinical Medication Management Team Lead, Consana, LLC.
- Starlin Haydon-Greatting, MS-MPH, BSPharm, CDM, FAPhA, Director, Clinical Programs, IPhA-PSMP
- Shirley Reitz, Pharm.D., RPh, Pharmacy Services Manager, Clinical Pharmacy Client Services, Regence
- Amy Schwartz, Pharm.D., BCPS, Associate Dean and Professor, University of South Florida
- Marie Smith, Pharm.D., FNAP, Henry A. Palmer Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Assistant Dean, Practice and Public Policy Partnerships, UConn School of Pharmacy
- Kimber Boothe, Pharm.D., MHA, Strategic Pharmacy Enterprise Consultant, Connector, Pharmovator, Career Coach, Kimber Boothe Group, LLC
- Jackie Roache, DrPH, MHS, OT/L, Senior Director, Health Policy, Johnson & Johnson
- Mary Ann Kliethermes, BPharm., Pharm.D., FAPhA, FCIOM, Director, Medication Safety and Quality, Center on Medication Safety and Quality, ASHP
- Garrett Eggers, Pharm.D., MS, Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer, Cleveland Clinic
- Julia A. Mulheman, Pharm.D., CACP, Pharmacy Manager Pharmacy Anticoagulation Clinic/Pharmacy Clinic Support Center, Cleveland Clinic
- Karen Ferguson, MS, KWSMGMA Past-President; Practice Administrator, Arthritis Northwest, P.L.L.C; CSRO designee
- Lisa Morris, BPharm, RPh, BCGP, FASCP, Chairman of the Board, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- Dan Rehrauer, Pharm.D., HealthPartners
- Mindy Smith, BSPharm, RPh, MHA, CMWA, Senior Vice President, Professional Affairs, Tabula Rasa HealthCare
- Carla Cobb, Pharm.D., BCPP, Psychiatric Pharmacist, Capita Consulting
Telehealth Delivery of CMM Subgroup:
- Jon Easter, BPharm, Professor of Practice and Director, Center for Medication Optimization, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Tony King, RPh Director, Pharmacy Programs, Mountain-Pacific Quality Health
- Mary Mulrooney, Pharm.D., MBA, Assistant Research Professor, Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut
- Christopher Pitts, Pharm.D., Pharmacist, IU Health
- Melissa Young, Pharm.D., BC-ADM, CDCES, Clinical Pharmacy Specialty, VISN 19 Clinical Resource Hub, Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Chris Syverson, Chief Executive Officer, Nevada Business Group on Health/Nevada Health Partners
- Jenny Bingham, Pharm.D., BCACP, CMWA, Director, Ambulatory Care Residency Programs & Research, Tabula Rasa HealthCare
- Tom Bateman, Pharm.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Practice Site: Henry J. Austin Health Center
- Nicole “Nicki” Scovis, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP Strategic Growth Director, Tabula Rasa HealthCare
- Adam Vargulick, Vice President, Product Strategy, Integrated Technology Solutions, Tabula Rasa HealthCare
- Robin Hieber, Pharm.D., BCPP, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Mental Health, Pharmacy Program Manager, VISN 23 Clinical Resource Hub, Department of Veteran’s Affairs