Practice and Care Delivery Transformation Workgroup:
- Identify evidence to promote the value of optimized medication use for payors, consumers and providers.
- Develop tools to engage and educate key stakeholders (patient advocacy organizations, professional groups, physicians, caregivers, care teams, consumers, pharmacists, and employers) to gain support for a standardized definition and process for CMM.
- Further develop the essential structures and language of value-based agreements within CMM services.
- Offer guidance and use cases to key stakeholders on contract standards and the consistent practice of CMM in clinical care.
- Identify leadership and champions to ensure more rapid practice transformation nationwide.
Did you miss the November Call for Member Feedback? Watch the recordings here.
Evidence-Based Resources Subgroup
Areas of Further Work:
- Develop a library of evidence-based resources to be used by a variety of stakeholders which allows team members & stakeholders to understand the value of CMM on the quadruple aim (improved patient experience, improved patient outcomes, reduce cost and improved clinician experience). These resources should be housed in the CMM implementation tool designed by the best practices subgroup and disseminated through that mechanism as well.
- Resource 1: Evidence for the clinician or practice either implementing CMM into practice or re-designing/strengthening their current CMM practice
- Resource 2: Foundational evidence needed for stakeholders (payors/health care leaders) to understand the value of CMM
- Based on evaluation, determine future needs/gaps for CMM research as well as needed tools based on evaluated library of evidence for each of the above aims and the role of GTMRx to close said gap.
- Evaluate the need for and feasibility of developing a summative review of currently available CMM literature focused on the quadruple aim of health care. If the need is present, establish a task force to author develop and write the review, working on behalf of the GTMRx Institute.
- Evaluate current evidence related to specific clinical metrics for medication optimization and team-based care that are centered around the quadruple aim and applicable to different stakeholder subgroups (e.g., patients and care givers, payers, health system leaders, providers and health care team members, patient advocacy and professional groups).
Lead: M. Shawn McFarland, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCACP, National Clinical Pharmacy Practice Program Manager, Clinical Practice Integration and Model Advancement, Clinical Pharmacy Practice Office, Pharmacy Benefits Management Services, Veterans Health Administration
Lead: Heather Ourth, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCGP, National Program Manager: Clinical Pharmacy Practice Program and Outcomes Assessment, Pharmacy Benefits Management Services 10P4P, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Judith Jacobi, Pharm.D., FCCP, MCCM, BCCCP, Senior Consultant, Visante Inc.
- Mary Ann Kliethermes, Pharm.D., FAPhA, FCIOM, Director, Medication Safety and Quality, Office of Practice Advancement, ASHP
- David Angaran, MS, FCCP, FASHP, CEO, Communication Prescription, LLC
- Paul Bush, Pharm.D., MBA, BCPS, FASHP, Vice President, Global Resource Development and Consulting, ASHP
- Jimmi Hatton Kolpek, Pharm.D., FCCM, FCCP, FNAP, Professor, Pharmacy Practice & Science, University of Kentucky
- Ashley Yost, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Critical Care, Clinical Lead, Inpatient Clinical Pharmacy Services, Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Kevin Marvin, RPh, MS, FASHP, Kevin Marvin Consulting, LLC.
- Erica Crannage, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice, St. Louis College of Pharmacy; Clinical Pharmacist, Mercy Clinic Family Medicine-Olive-Mason
- Shannon Finks, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS, BCCP, AHSCP-CHC, President, Züp Medical Services, LLC.; Professor, Clinical Pharmacy and Translational Science, University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy
- Brian Cross, Pharm.D., Director, Interprofessional Education & Research Programs, Academic Health Sciences Center, East Tennessee State University
- Christie Schumacher, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, BCCP, BC-ADM, CDCES, FCCP, Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Director PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency Program, Midwestern; Clinical Pharmacist, Advocate Medical Group
- Roshni P. Emmons, Pharm.D., BCPS, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Jefferson College of Pharmacy
- Craig Beavers, PharmD, FACC, FAHA, FCCP, BCCP, BCPS (AQ-Cardio), CACP, Cardiovascular Clinical Pharm. Specialist, University of Kentucky
- Lisa Smith, MD, FAPA, Medical Director, Outpatient Mental Health Service, Rocky Mountain Regional Medical Center
- Tanya Fabian, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BCPP, Director, Pharmacy Research and Pharmacy Services and Director, PGy2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Residency, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital; Associate Professor of Pharmacy & Therapeutics and Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine
- Jena Quinn, Pharm.D., BCPPS, Founder, Perfecting Peds
- Jennifer Riggins, Pharm.D., Technology and Partnership Strategist, phactMI
- Emily P. Thacker, Pharm.D., Clinical Pharmacist, Psychiatry, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
Best Practices and Innovative Solutions Subgroup
Areas of Work:
- Disseminate existing GTMRx BPIS developed resources to relevant stakeholders.
- Publish a manuscript summarizing successful use cases highlighting CMM enabling factors and linking to existing GTMRx resources.
- Develop evidence-based, medication optimization and CMM use cases and resources, which describe patient-centered, team-based, CMM services; highlight the value-added role of CMM in optimizing medication use and improving care of patients.
Lead: Terri Jorgenson, RPH, BCPS, National Program Manager, Clinical Practice Integration and Model Advancement, Clinical Pharmacy Practice Office (CPPO), Pharmacy Benefits Management (12PBM), Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Amie D. Brooks, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCACP (Lead), Director of Strategic Initiatives, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- Terri Jorgenson, RPH, BCPS (Lead), National Program Manager, Clinical Practice Integration and Model Advancement, Clinical Pharmacy Practice Office (CPPO), Pharmacy Benefits Management (12PBM), Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Gretchen Brummel, Pharm.D., BCPS, Pharmacy Executive Director, Vizient, Inc.
- Jaclyn Boyle, Pharm.D., MS, MBA, BCACP, FASHP, Assistant Dean & Associate Professor, Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Kim L. Kelly, Pharm.D., BCPS, FCCP, CPC, President, Kelly Diabetes Associates, LLC
- Lara Kerwin, Pharm.D., BCACP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist; BJC Medical Group & Accountable Care Organization
- Kenneth Johnson, Pharm.D., Senior Vice President, Global Development and Medical Affairs
- Christie Schumacher, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, BCCP, BC-ADM, CDCES, FCCP, Professor, Pharmacy Practice, Midwestern University College of Pharmacy, Downers Grove Campus
- Nathan Painter, Pharm.D., CDCES, FADCES, FCPhA, FCCP, Clinical Professor of Pharmacy, University of California San Diego
- Katherine Diehl, Pharm.D., BCACP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist III, Accountable Health Partners
- Terry L. Seaton, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS, Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis
- Melanie A. Dodd, Pharm.D., Ph.C., BCPS, FASHP, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs and Professor, The University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy
- Keri Hager, Pharm.D., BCACP, Professor & Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Erick Sokn, Pharm.D., MS, Director of Pharmacy – Population Health, Cleveland Clinic