Sandra is a senior advisor for the Get the Medications Right Institute (GTMRx). Sandra joined GTMRx in March, 2019 to support the Institute’s vision of enhancing life by ensuring appropriate and personalized use of medications and gene therapies, as well as its mission of bringing critical stakeholders together, bound by the urgent need to optimize outcomes and reduce costs by getting the medications right. Sandra’s role in the Institute is to bring members together to advance the Institute’s key initiatives of practice transformation, evidence and innovation and policy solutions.
Sandra is the president/owner of About Quality Benefits Design, LLC. She specializes in:
- The promotion of employee engagement and satisfaction through the design and delivery of high-quality, value-based benefits;
- Assessing employer benefits plans to identify waste and savings opportunities in benefits spend;
- Establishing employee/employer cost share based on the shared value of a benefit outcome;
- Communicating value-based benefits design concepts for maximum employee acceptance;
- Assisting employees to understand and access their full suite of benefits;
- Assuring benefits vendors understand the workplace culture and effectively interact with the employer and other contracted vendors.
- Assisting healthcare companies in promoting their services/products to the employer market.
Sandra is a former senior manager of US benefits design for the Procter & Gamble Company. Her responsibilities included the strategic development, deployment and administration of benefits for P&G’s U.S. employees and retirees. After 13 years as a critical care nurse, nursing supervisor and nursing professor, Sandra joined Procter & Gamble in 1990, served in several benefit management and human resources roles during her 25-year tenure and was awarded the William Procter Award of Excellence for her skills in designing and managing innovative and leading-edge employee benefits.
Sandra is an executive board member and secretary of the Midwest Business Group on Health, as well as a registered nurse, certified professional manager and certified health coach. Her passions include educating stakeholders on skin cancer prevention; promotion of appropriate and cost-efficient use of over-the-counter and prescription drugs; and motivational speaking on a variety of self-help topics.