Evidence & Innovation
In Case You Missed It!
- The GTMRx National Physician Advisory Taskforce is having two presentations today, March 29,2022 from 2:00-3:00pm EST. The first presentation is with Shawn McFarland, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCACP, Manager for the National Clinical Pharmacy Practice Program and the clinical practice integration and model advancement for the Clinical Pharmacy Practice Office of the PBM Services at Veterans Health Administration on the VHA Clinical Pharmacy Practice: Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) Standardization. The second presentation is with Steve Chen, Pharm.D., MHS, Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs, USC School of Pharmacy; Distinguished Fellow, GTMRx and Michael Hochman, MD, MPH, CEO, Healthcare in Action, SCAN group on Value-based Strategies: A Better Way to Manage Medications. Dr. Chen and Dr. Hochman previously presented at Health Care Value Week in January 2022.
- The GTMRx Health IT to Support Optimized Medication Use Workgroup had a presentation on March 15, 2022 from 11:30-12:30pm EST with Farah Madhat, Pharm.D., MA, Chief Product Officer, Tabula Rasa HealthCare about the role that community pharmacies can play in comprehensive medication management (CMM). She discussed topics such as how community pharmacies use their available data to engage patients, ways they schedule CMM appointments with their patients, how they form their clinical relationships, and barriers (both pre and post pandemic) to implement CMM.
- Incorporating comprehensive medication management definition and language.
- Combining PGx testing with the CMM process of care.
- Expanding implementation of EHR guidelines, education awareness campaigns, and reporting.
- Clarifying the definition of adverse drug events.