Evidence & Innovation
In Case You Missed It!
- The GTMRx Health IT to Support Optimized Medication Use Workgroup had a presentation on March 15, 2022 from 11:30-12:30pm EST with Farah Madhat, Pharm.D., MA, Chief Product Officer, Tabula Rasa HealthCare about the role that community pharmacies can play in comprehensive medication management (CMM). She discussed topics such as how community pharmacies use their available data to engage patients, ways they schedule CMM appointments with their patients, how they form their clinical relationships, and barriers (both pre and post pandemic) to implement CMM.
- The GTMRx Payment and Policy Solutions Workgroup had a presentation on March 8, 2022 from Todd Sorensen, Pharm.D., professor and senior executive associate dean for strategic initiatives and faculty affairs, distinguished teaching professor, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota; Daniel Rehrauer, Pharm.D., senior manager, Medication Therapy Management Program, HealthPartners; and Joel Farley, PhD, BPharm, professor and associate head, Department of Pharmaceutical Care & Health Systems, University of Minnesota. Together, these speakers discussed building payer-provider partnerships to produce value and also gave feedback on the subgroup’s payment methodology discussion document and insight into dissemination strategies.
- Incorporating comprehensive medication management definition and language.
- Combining PGx testing with the CMM process of care.
- Expanding implementation of EHR guidelines, education awareness campaigns, and reporting.
- Clarifying the definition of adverse drug events.