GTMRx Executive Roundtable Virtual Event
Payment, Policy & Practice: Supporting Medication Management Reform
June 24, 2021 | 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm EDT
Pre-Read Material for June 24, 2021 Executive Roundtable Event
- Optimizing Medication Use through Comprehensive Medication Management in Practice: Value Framework
- The Outcomes of Implementing and Integrating Comprehensive Medication Management in Team-Based Care: A Review of the Evidence on Quality, Access and Costs, October 2020
- Assessing the Impact of Comprehensive Medication Management on Achievement of the Quadruple Aim Review (The American Journal of Medicine; Payment or subscription required)
- Employer Toolkit
- PGx + CMM Policy Recommendations
- Background Slides
A recent report from the National Academy of Medicine on primary care calls for interprofessional teams that coordinate care across the continuum and meaningfully engage the full range of primary care professions.
The goal of the discussion will be to gain insights on regulatory and policy trends that inform payment and policy strategies to advance medication optimization in team-based care. Specifically, how the landscape has changed since MTM was introduced in Part D and the drivers to advance compensation for quality clinical services and medication-related outcomes rather than product-based metrics or services.
During our roundtable event discussion, the moderator will raise key questions:
- How do we drive demand for services that offer value and motivate use of comprehensive and integrated services that manage chronic conditions while encouraging and rewarding appropriate and effective medication use?
- What payment models do we use to support interprofessional, team-based care?
- What payment and policy strategies are working in the real world?
- How do we think about quality measures in a value-based payment environment?
- How are public and private payors changing to meet new demands?
- How is CMS changing payment models to meet new demands such as lower cost, higher quality, appropriate care?
We are delighted to have Susan Dentzer, senior policy fellow, Robert J. Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University lead these robust discussions that will inform our work.
- 2:00 pm – 2:10 pm | Welcome and Introductions
- 2:10 pm – 2:40 pm | Value Based Payment: Current Landscape
- Introduction by Brian Litten, J.D., Chief Strategic Growth Officer, Tabula Rasa HealthCare; GTMRx Pharmacogenomics Payment and Policy Taskforce Co-lead
- Andrew MacPherson, Managing Partner, Healthsperien, LLC
- 2:40 pm – 3:10 pm | Measures to Motivate Adoption
- Introduction by Kathy Pham, PharmD, BCPPS, Policy and Professional Affairs Director, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP); GTMRx Payment and Policy Solutions Workgroup Co-lead
- Curtis Haas, PharmD, FCCP, Chief Pharmacy Officer, University of Rochester Medical Center in New York
- 3:10 pm – 3:15 pm | Break
- 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm | Facilitated Discussion
- 3:45 pm – 4:20 pm | Value Based Payment: CMS
- Introduction by Tom Kraus, J.D., MHS, VP Government Relations, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP); GTMRx Pharmacogenomics Payment and Policy Taskforce Co-lead
- Amy Bassano, Deputy Director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- 4:20 pm – 5:00 pm | Reactor Panel discussion
- 5:00 pm | Adjourn
Speaker Introductions by Payment and Policy Solutions Workgroup and Pharmacogenomics Payment and Policy Taskforce Co-Leads
Background and Informational Documents
Resources by topic
Click to expand and collapse the categories.
Practice & Care Delivery Transformation
Payment and Policy Solutions
Precision Medicine Enablement via Advanced Diagnostics
Health IT to Support Optimized Medication Use