Webinar Date: September 16, 2021 1:00 pm
This webinar will showcase how inter-professional teams can optimize medication use and advance comprehensive medication management in practice by understanding the opportunities in evolving value-based payment models.
“The increasing prevalence of complex, chronic conditions has profound implications on the growing demand and cost of health care. The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation is testing data-driven approaches to care delivery and payment that are drawn from innovative practices of health care providers and other partners in the health care community. The shift from fee-for-service to value-based care and performance-based payment places increased priority on improved outcomes at lower costs.”—Kathy Pham, PharmD
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify value-based care payment models to comprehensive medication management;
- Discuss innovative, coordinated, team-based models of care for persons with complex, chronic diseases
- Describe unique Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation community initiatives that integrate primary care, care management, population health and management of those with multiple chronic diseases;
- Explain how interdisciplinary care teams, including pharmacists, can assess best medication approaches for individual patients.
Link to Kathy Pham’s article published in Pharmacy Practice: Alternative payment approaches for advancing comprehensive medication management in primary care
- Kathy Pham, Pharm.D., BCPPS, Director, Policy and Professional Affairs, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- Ann Greiner, President, Chief Executive Office, Primary Care Collaborative (PCC)