Webinar Date: May 28, 2020 1:00 pm
The COVID-19 global health care crisis has created a real opportunity to expand access to care through telehealth. How do we optimize patient outcomes and ensure appropriate use of medications virtually?
In recent weeks commercial and public payors have increasingly extended coverage, and health systems are mobilizing quickly to expand programs to meet the rapid increase in demand for services. The coronavirus emergency supplemental legislation has expanded Medicare coverage of telehealth.
Hear from a clinical pharmacist and a policy analyst as they discuss barriers to implementation and opportunities that the coronavirus pandemic offers to expand telehealth services. They will consider in what way these changes may impact care delivery.
Tune in to hear more about:
- Coronavirus emergency supplemental legislation—what does this mean in terms of access, coverage and expansion of telehealth services?
- How has telemedicine use changed during the pandemic; what services are being virtualized?
- What do we expect to see in terms of regulatory shifts, and how will this change the way telehealth is provided in the future?
- How does telehealth provide a path to interprofessional care teams working collaboratively to optimize medication use?
- Beyond COVID-19, what are some of the key considerations for implementation, evaluation and coverage of CMM services in telehealth practices?
Melissa Badowski, PharmD, MPH, FCCP, BCIDP, BCPS, AAHIVP
Jared Augenstein, MA, MPH
Webinar recordings are available one week after the live presentation.