Evidence & Innovation
In Case You Missed It!
- How to Approach Better Medication Management: An interview with GTMRx Executive Director, Katherine Capps, was recently published in Patient Safety and Quality Healthcare on our current overloaded medication system and the burden it places on consumers.
- Improving Patient Outcomes Through the Integration of Pharmacogenomic Testing into Comprehensive Medication Management Care Models: The article was recently published on behalf of the GTMRx Institute in the Journal of Precision Medicine, the world’s only journal dedicated to the precision medicine ecosystem. From early research, all the way to the clinic, the journal brings readers insights from some of the world’s renowned thought-leaders.
- Medication Optimization: Integration of Comprehensive Medication Management into Practice: The article was recently published on behalf of the GTMRx Institute in American Health & Drug Benefits, a publication for payers, purchasers, policymakers, and other healthcare stakeholders.
- Comprehensive medication management research gap areas: A?call to action for clinical pharmacy researchers: The article, written by GTMRx workgroup members from the Evidence-Based Resources Subgroup of the Practice and Care Delivery Transformation Workgroup, was published in the Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. It discusses existing gap areas and recommendations based off a review of current CMM-literature on implementation and impact. Authors include Heather L. Ourth, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCGP; Shawn McFarland Pharm.D., FCCP, BCACP; and Ashley P. Yost Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP—all from the VA.
- Panelist Ghada Elnashar, PharmD, MS, Medical Science Liaison, OneOme; Anthony P. Morreale, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FASHP, Associate Chief Consultant, Clinical Pharmacy and Policy, Department of Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Benefits Management, VA Central Office; and Jacques Turgeon, BPharm, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Executive Officer, TRHC Precision Pharmacotherapy, Research and Development Institute will join GTMRx Executive Director Katherine H. Capps.
- The panel will discuss the role of pharmacogenomics in the clinical setting which is shifting from a reactive testing approach toward a preemptive model. Since many clinicians have embraced comprehensive medication management (CMM), the goal of this panel is to educate health care professionals on the value of precision medicine and pharmacogenomic testing services in CMM care models. They will also explore methods for implementation, reimbursement opportunities and present evidence to support its role in mitigating polypharmacy and optimizing medication regimens, patient outcomes and cost savings.
- Register here.
Advocacy in Action
GTMRx is pleased to announce that we have launched our Advocacy Letters and Policy Documents page on the GTMRx website. Advocacy is a core component of the GTMRx Institute’s mission, and our policy positions are aimed at advancing acceptance and recognition of the importance of creating a systematic, evidence-based approach to medications and their rational use through CMM in practice. To advance our efforts, comments are submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), members of Congress, the Administration, and other public sector payers (OPM) as appropriate.
- Accelerated approval of vaccines
- Public education
- Payment reform
- Improved vaccine access for primary care practices
- More effective immunization information systems (IIS)
- No cost-sharing for certain patients
- Enhanced diversity, inclusion, and equity