Esteemed Panel to Address Ways to Drive Value in Primary Care Through Comprehensive Medication Management in Practice
Tysons Corner, VA — May 18, 2023: Today, The Get the Medications Right™ (GTMRx) Institute, the catalyst for change to medication management, announced that Co-Founder, Katherine H. Capps will be speaking at the May 31- June 2, 2023 America’s Physician Groups (APG) Annual Spring Conference. Capps’ June 1st panel, comprised of leaders in healthcare and pharmacy practice, will address the importance of integrating clinical pharmacists into person-centered, team-based primary care in order to drive value and ensure safe, effective, appropriate use of medications.
June 1 panelists include:
- Katherine Herring Capps, Co-Founder, GTMRx Institute
- Michele Bautista Meredith, PharmD, Vice President, Clinical Operations and Health Services, Sharp Community Medical Group
- Jane Cheshire Gilbert, Director, Retiree Health Care, Teachers’ Retirement System of Kentucky
- Stuart Levine, MD, CMO, VillageMD
WHAT: Integrating Pharmacy Professionals to Drive Comprehensive Medication Management and Enhance Quality and Value in Primary Care
- Understand how care models that include pharmacists can provide more holistic care that fits specific patient needs and improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Understand the practical issues that need to be considered and the specific steps that need to be taken to begin integrating pharmacists onto primary care teams.
- Understand what lessons have been learned from providers that have integrated pharmacy services into their workflows and how those lessons can be applied in other organizations.
- Learn how a pension fund and its members realized meaningful benefits from an innovative, CMM-focused personalized medicine program that empowered pharmacists and encouraged pharmacogenetic testing.
WHEN: June 1, 2023 10:15 am – 11:30 am PST
WHERE: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, 333 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
For more information on the APG 2023 Annual Spring Conference and to register for the event, click here.
About the Get the Medications Right™ Institute