GTMRx Learning Network Webinar | A $528 billion problem: How employers can avoid medication overuse, underuse and misuse
We have a problem. When drugs are wrong, skipped or make you sick, 275,000 lives are lost. Add to that the $528 billion wasted.1 Much of the economic burden is absorbed by self-insured employers through cost drivers like readmissions, additional ER visits or more mediations needed to fix the problems. This is unacceptable.
Join us for a webinar to hear from two leading experts on ways to implement a buy-right strategy when working with medical carriers, PBMs, etc., and in structuring benefit plan design on the medical and pharmacy side as you pursue value-based care. A GTMRx toolkit—designed for employers—will be sent to you when you register for the event.
After attending this webinar, you will:
- Understand why the current system of trial-and-error medication use must change in order to eliminate the waste of health plan assets.
- Understand how comprehensive medication management (CMM) is being used today to effectively transform and optimize medication use while achieving measurable, positive treatment outcomes that save lives and money.
- Grasp the value equation for employer advocacy for a new medication use process through CMM in practice.
- Recognize why employers should be key leaders of change.
- Learn what you can do to take action now!
Sandra G. Morris, RN, MSN, CHC, GTMRx Institute; formerly Procter & Gamble
Jan Hirsch, BS Pharm, Ph.D., University of California Irvine
The Employer Toolkit, developed by the GTMRx Employer Toolkit Taskforce, explores the benefits of CMM for individuals and for the employers who pay for benefits.
The toolkit covers topics, such as:
- What is CMM
- How CMM differs from traditional MTM
- the ROI of CMM in practice
- Patients that benefit the most from CMM services
- CMM & value-based strategies (return-on-investment)
- CMM & Pharmacogenomics testing
- Employer call to action