Precision Medicine Enablement via Advanced Diagnostics
- Fully integrate PGx services into the pharmaceutical care process to support useful clinical decision making through increased availability of data.
- Ensure providers and payors have secure and timely access to the information necessary to identify patients who have not achieved clinical goals of therapy.
- Optimize testing usefulness and interpretation by strengthening the relationship between the FDA and laboratories that provide PGx testing.
- Promote precision medicine literacy among providers and patients in the context of its application to the clinical care role in optimizing medication use.
- Enable evidence-based processes and strategies that support precision medicine as a tool used in the CMM process and enable effective standardization, awareness and interpretation.
Did you miss the November Call for Member Feedback? Watch the recordings here.
Areas of Further Work
- Regulation: Strengthen the relationship of the FDA with laboratories that provide pharmacogenomic testing to optimize its usefulness to patients and providers
- HIT and AI: Develop tools that enable the practice of precision medicine and advanced diagnostics?
- Marketplace Strategy: Create and implement a plan that promotes precision medicine literacy and application to clinical care
- Education and Public Awareness: Standardize a process for precision medicine care and support providers in its delivery and adoption
- Evidence-Based Process: Create an evidence-based process that supports precision medicine data and enables effective understanding, awareness and interpretation
- Marcia Eisenberg, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Senior Vice President, LabCorp
- Steve Anderson, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer-Covance, Senior Vice President, LabCorp
- Tom Kraus, JD, MHS, Vice President, Office of Government Relations, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Jacques Turgeon, BPharm, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Tabula Rasa; CEO, Precision Pharmacotherapy Research and Development Institute
- Dorothy (Dot) Adcock, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President, LabCorp
- Anthony Morreale, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FASHP, Associate Chief Consultant for Clinical Pharmacy Services & Policy, Pharmacy Benefits Management VACO
- Chet Robson, DO, MHCDS, FAAFP, Medical Director, Walgreens Co.
- Philip Empey, PharmD, PhD, Director, PGx Center of Excellence; Associate Director, Institute for Precision Medicine; Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Center for Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences
and the Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Jane Gilbert, CPA, Director, Retiree Health Care, Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System
- Sarah Mallak, PharmD, Director, Clinical Product Design & Strategy, Genoa Healthcare
- Julie Ceno-England, MD, Interim Chief Medical Officer, OneOme
- Amber Cipriani, PharmD, BCOP, CPP, Precision Medicine Pharmacy Coordinator, UNC Medical Center; Clinical Assistant Professor, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Cyrine-Eliana Haidar, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCOP, Clinical Pharmacogenetics Coordinator, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital