Payment and Policy Solutions Workgroup
- Identify foundational elements of policy solutions necessary to overcome barriers to the adoption of CMM and optimization of medication and gene therapies.
- Identify successful use cases for utilization in advocacy and coalition building.
- Identify payment solutions and policy and payment strategies that reward the value of CMM services in terms of cost, quality and patient outcomes.
- Design an approach to educate and engage policymakers about CMM.
Co-Lead: Kathy Pham, Pharm.D., BCPPS Director, Policy and Professional Affairs, ACCP
Co-Lead: Brad Cannon, Pharm.D., Director of Experiential Education, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Rosalind Franklin University
- Larry LaMotte, MPP, Principal, Advocacy Option LLC
Areas of Further Work
Create a Value Framework
- Identify evidence, promising payment frameworks, use case examples and tools for advocacy to promote the value of optimized medication use to consumers, providers, public & private sector payors
Evaluate Barriers to Adoption of New Payment Models
- Evaluate and establish a plan to overcome policy and payment barriers that currently exist in the market preventing a scalable, sustainable rational system to optimize medication use and gene therapies.
Determine Key Policy Elements
- Identify successful use cases (commercial, public, private) for use in advocacy and coalition building in support of and to advance the mission and vision of GTMRx.
- Specifically define characteristics and foundational elements that will inform a policy platform designed to overcome barriers to broad and sustainable adoption of team-based care activities designed to optimize the use of medication and gene therapies.
Identify Payment Solutions
- Identify payment structure solutions (and possible framework) necessary to overcome barriers to adoption of CMM and optimized use of medications and gene therapies.
Design an approach to educate and engage policymakers about these solutions
- Identify partners, develop tools, guidance and a dissemination plan (practice leaders, physicians/their agents, consultants, care teams and payors) to increase awareness, build demand for, and ensure adoption and use of a successful strategies and standardized implementation processes for CMM integration.
- Every other Tuesday from 2:00-3:00 pm EST
- 2019: 9/5, 9/17, 10/1, 10/15, 10/29, 11/12, 12/3, 12/10
- 2020: 1/14, 1/22, 2/25, 3/24, 4/7, 4/21, 5/5, 5/19, 6/2, 6/16, 6/30, 7/14, 7/28