HIT and AI to Support Optimized Medication Use Workgroup
The overarching purpose of this workgroup is to explore strategies to accelerate delivery reform at the point of care which enable medication optimization. For the HIT & AI to Support Optimized Medication Use Workgroup, the guiding principle will be focused on ensuring that the— data standards, practice guidelines and supporting standards advance the comprehensive medication management framework and care team practice through advancements in HIT data standards and availability, HIT systems and practice that provide interoperability, advanced AI algorithms and care management systems that provide a single view of patient care that incorporates medical and pharmaceutical management consistent with comprehensive medication management.
Co-Lead: Molly Ekstrand, BPharm, BCACP, AE-C, Medication Optimization Expert, North Star Medication Optimization, LLC, GTMRx Distinguished Fellow
- Abbie Vogler, PharmD, Vice President, Business Development, Medication Management Solutions, Genoa Healthcare
- Jill Vecchio, Lead Data Decision Analyst, Analytics and Clinical Content, Medecision
- Every other Wednesday from 12:00-1:00 pm EST
- 2019: 7/26, 8/28, 9/11, 9/25, 10/9, 10/30, 11/6, 11/20, 12/4, 12/19
- 2020: 1/15, 1/29, 2/19, 3/4, 3/18, 4/1, 4/15, 4/29, 5/13, 5/27, 6/10, 6/24, 7/8, 7/22
Areas of Further Work:
- Work with regulators (e.g. HHS ONC), practice organizations, and industry to establish standards and best practices facilitating interoperability.
- Develop guidance for health information technology requirements to support the successful integration of CMM services
- Integrate new data to help support optimized medication use through AI (SDOH, PGx, clinical analytics, genomic risks, population health).
- Promote utilization of AI enabled risk stratification tools to support population health management to aid prescribers in patient identification for CMM services.
- Further develop and share the HIT and AI Maturity Matrix & the Leadership HIT and CMM Checklist.