Health IT to Support Optimized Medication Use Workgroup
- Work with regulators, practice organizations and industry to establish standards and best practices that drive standardization and interoperability.
- Develop guidance for health IT requirements to support the successful integration of CMM services.
- Aggregate and integrate new data to help support optimized medication use through AI (e.g., social determinants of health, PGx, clinical analytics, genomic risks, population health).
- Promote utilization of AI-enabled risk stratification tools to support population health management to aid health systems, payors and prescribers in patient identification for CMM services.
- Further develop and share the Health IT/AI Maturity Matrix & Leadership IT Checklist.
Co-Lead: Molly Ekstrand, BPharm, BCACP, AE-C, Associate Director, Account Medical Advisor, Field Based Medicine, Boehringer Ingelheim, GTMRx Distinguished Fellow
- Tom Wilson, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Hyper63
- Abbie Vogler, Pharm.D., Vice President, Business Development, Medication Management Solutions, Genoa Healthcare
- Maria Osundele, Pharm.D., BCGP, BCPS, Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Orange Regional Medical Center
- Kandace Schuft, Pharm.D., Senior Clinical Content Specialist- PGx, Wolters Kluwer
- Sarah Mallak, Pharm.D., Director, Clinical Product Design & Strategy, Genoa Healthcare
- Rohit Moghe, Pharm.D., MSPH, CDCES, Ambulatory Care & Population Health Pharmacist, Quality Health Alliance ACO/CIN, Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic
- John McGlew, MA, Director, Government Affairs, American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Tiffany Jenkins, Pharm.D., BCAP, Population Health Pharmacy Manager, Affinia Health Network
- Pierantonio Russo, MD, FCPP, FAAP (Card/CT), Chief Medical Officer, HVH Precision Analytics
- Every other Wednesday from 12:00-1:00 pm EST
- 2019: 7/26, 8/28, 9/11, 9/25, 10/9, 10/30, 11/6, 11/20, 12/4, 12/19
- 2020: 1/15, 1/29, 2/19, 3/4, 3/18, 4/1, 4/15, 4/29, 5/13, 5/27, 6/10, 6/24, 7/8, 7/22, 8/5, 8/19, 9/2, 9/16, 9/30, 10/14, 10/28, 11/11, 11/25, 12/9
Areas of Further Work:
- Work with regulators (e.g. HHS ONC), practice organizations, and industry to establish standards and best practices facilitating interoperability.
- Develop guidance for health information technology requirements to support the successful integration of CMM services
- Integrate new data to help support optimized medication use through AI (SDOH, PGx, clinical analytics, genomic risks, population health).
- Promote utilization of AI enabled risk stratification tools to support population health management to aid prescribers in patient identification for CMM services.
- Further develop and share the HIT and AI Maturity Matrix & the Leadership HIT and CMM Checklist.